[Zope] CASE Tool for Modeling and Code Generation of Workflows

ratem at censanet.com.br ratem at censanet.com.br
Tue Nov 18 12:50:15 EST 2003

(...)

> I had the same questions some months ago while working on a complex
> workflow for DCWorkflow. There is nothing available and there is no effort
> as much as I know. However I have seen a dedicated workflow editor which
> implements a standard for activity-based workflows (can't remember neither
>name of  the editor nor the standard).

Ok.
The problem is that DCWorkflow is state based. So it can be represented as a
UML State Diagram. Workflows are normally Activity Based...I know there were a
long discussion on the list and on some Wikis on Zope.org about that, and also
some work done by Open Flow guys towards integration.

We need either a dedicated tool or a extensible State Diagram drawing tool and
also XMI exportation of models...Another solution would be getting some Python
scriptable drawing tool like Dia or KVio and make it generate code. Again, we
would have a partial solution, since there would be no way of representing
state objects´properties.

Does anyone would like to enter this project? Is there interest from Zope Corp
in this area?

regards,

Rogerio Atem