[Zope] Apache/Zope Correct?

Cynthia Kiser cnk at caltech.edu
Wed Nov 19 20:25:48 EST 2003

Quoting Jamie Heilman <jamie at audible.transient.net>:
> In general, the root of the zodb should be considered "special" and
> not directly used to store content.  It is always advisable to create
> a folder (or folders) in the root of the zodb and build a site from
> within it (them), rather than directly mapping the root URI of the
> site to the root of the zodb.

I kind of like this from the standpoint of ZMI asthetics, and you
provided additional reasons why this is a good idea. But does that
mean that one is always using Apache mapped down one level into the
Zope hierarchy to avoid urls like http://mysite.com/mysite/? And what
if you are using ZServer directly? then do you have to use the Virtual
Host Monster to remap the url? (And am I the only one who thinks it is
weird to have a specialty web server (presumably for specific
functionality) and then ALWAYS proxy it through a different web
server?)

--
Cynthia Kiser
cnk at caltech.edu