[Zope] RE:Quick Question

Goldthwaite, Joe joe at goldthwaites.com
Sat Nov 22 18:57:58 EST 2003

Thanks Derek, Paul, and Cameron.  I appreciate the help.  I created the
EVENT_LOG_FILE environment variable and then took the "s" off "constructors"
and I did get an error in the log.  It really helps to know where to look
and I appreciate the time you guys took to respond.

I'm still running into confusing errors.  I have a form that adds a new user
that looks like this;

<dtml-in valid_roles>
<dtml-if expr="_vars['sequence-item'] != 'Anonymous'">

Zope is giving me this;
Error Type: SyntaxError
Error Value:Line 2:"_vars" is an invalid variable name because it starts
with "_"

The lines are coming out of The Zope Book.  I went over the file twice to
see if I had mistyped something but I don't see anything.  Is the book
wrong?  There's nothing in my class called _vars so I assume this is
supposed to be internal to Zope.  Does anyone know what I might be doing
wrong?

I'm not very good at typing things in so I've ended up with a lot of typos.
I can find and fix them pretty easily but I've noticed that my changes don't
get loaded into zope automatically.  I restart zope but the original syntax
error stays unless I delete the product before I restart.  Is there an
easier way to force the product to reload?

Thanks again for the help.