[Zope] RE:Quick Question

Goldthwaite, Joe joe at goldthwaites.com
Mon Nov 24 13:25:24 EST 2003

Thanks Dylan. And thanks again Paul and Cameron.

First I need to apologize for saying that the example comes from The Zope
Book.  It's actually from The Book of Zope from No Starch Press.  For some
reason, I keep calling it The Zope Book.  Does anyone know where I can get
printed copy of The Zope Book?  Amazon and Barnes & Noble have it but the
publish date is from 2001.  Is a newer version available?

Changing _vars['sequence-item'] to _['sequence-item'] fixed my.  I guess
there's a typo in The Book of Zope.  I checked their web site for updates
before I posted my questions but there was nothing.  I guess I'm the only
one who has tried the sample since the book was published in 2001!

Dylan, your suggestion;

<dtml-in valid_roles prefix=role>
   <dtml-if "role_item != 'Anonymous'">

is helpful.  Neither The Book of Zope or the Zope Web Application
Construction Kit had any information on the prefix attribute.  Luckily, the
Zope Bible documents it.  After reading it over, I understand what your
saying here.  Thanks.

I'm still having problems where changes to the DTML files in my project are
not showing up in Zope.   I added the refresh.txt file to the project
directory but refreshing still isn't bringing in the changes.  Here's an
example, I have a new_EISUser.dtml file in my project\public subdirectory.
Edit the file externally and change the dtml to dtmx, I can refresh the
project, restart Zope, manually start and stop the Zope service, or even
reboot the machine but the change doesn't not show up in Zope.  If I delete
my instance of the product and then restart Zope, the change comes in.

Could it be the cache isn't refreshing correctly?  Or maybe it has something
to do with running Zope under Windows?  Is this a problem with external dtml
files stored in a project?

Joe Goldthwaite