[Zope] RE:Quick Question

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Mon Nov 24 14:30:02 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 10:25, Goldthwaite, Joe wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can get
> printed copy of The Zope Book?  Amazon and Barnes & Noble have it but the
> publish date is from 2001.  Is a newer version available?

The latest version is here:

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/view

There's also a PDF version if you want to print it.

> I'm still having problems where changes to the DTML files in my project are
> not showing up in Zope.   I added the refresh.txt file to the project
> directory but refreshing still isn't bringing in the changes.  Here's an
> example, I have a new_EISUser.dtml file in my project\public subdirectory.
> Edit the file externally and change the dtml to dtmx, I can refresh the
> project, restart Zope, manually start and stop the Zope service, or even
> reboot the machine but the change doesn't not show up in Zope.  If I delete
> my instance of the product and then restart Zope, the change comes in.

You should ensure that the names of your DTMLFile objects are *class*
variables, not instance variables (i.e., they're defined at the same
indentation level as your class "def" statements).  Defining them as
instance variables (e.g. in __init__) is the only thing I could think of
that would produce the behavior you describe.

And don't change the .dtml suffix... that's required.

If that doesn't do it, some more detail about how you're coding and
calling your dtml objects would be helpful.

HTH,

Dylan