[Zope] Naming conventions

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Nov 25 16:10:17 EST 2003

Florian Lindner wrote:

>which naming conventions are usual for Zope objects?
>For example:
>pyThatScript
>ptPageTemplate OR
>zptPageTemplate
>
>What do you use? What can you recommend?

Most commonly it's simply a matter of naming things after what it does
or is, mostly in a lower-case manner. Related objects should have
similar names (like 'something' and 'something_form'.)

I don't think a Hungarian-notation concept has much place in an object
publishing system. (I also don't care for it in programming, but that's
a different area.)

          --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)