[Zope] __setstate__ and acquistion

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Thu Nov 27 13:42:46 EST 2003

Okay, I was trying to use acquisition from within a
__setstate__ method.  Doing a little searching I was
able to find a message from the Zope list (circa 2001)
saying that you can't do it, because the self that
__setstate__ acts on isn't acquisiton wrapped.

However this is really unfortunate, as I was hoping
to acquire some information I need for updated the
object from the Zope instance of the top-level site
object.

Is there a way to do it?  Can I explicitly search somehow?

Or can I mark the object as needing to be updated and
catch it at some other point? (But where!?
__bobo_traverse__ perhaps?).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Terry