[Zope] Uploading audio mp3

Børge Kjeldstad borge.kjeldstad at whiteflower.no
Fri Nov 28 05:25:08 EST 2003

Hello : )

I have tried to upload some mp3 music files to my zope 2.6.1.
To do this I have both tried the "add file" option in the management
interface
and used the product "CMF-friendly Audio object" found here:
http://zope.org/Members/bowerymarc/CMFAudio

However when i play (view) these mp3 songs or embed them in a web page,
some of the songs get a silent moment (about a second) just a few
seconds after I start to play them. Now I wonder what could be the
reason for this?

I have tried to modify/compress an mp3 song using lame, but this does
not help.
I have also used winamp to study the diferences between the mp3 files
that
play well and those who does not. A difference I notice is that the well
played songs are encoded by "Exact Audio Copy (Secure mode)", whereas
the
unsuccessful songs have no information about encoding. I do not know if
this matters.

Thanks!

Børge