[Zope] Uploading audio mp3

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Fri Nov 28 14:53:06 EST 2003

On Friday 28 November 2003 04:25 am, Børge Kjeldstad wrote:
> I have tried to upload some mp3 music files to my zope

This is probably not directly related, but I had a lot of
trouble when I tried to do this (the files were just too
big for Zope File objects to handle reliably -- at least on
the hardware I was working with).  I found it to be a lot
easier to set up a LocalFS and access such large files
from the filesystem.

My first thought was that your problem was related
to server-load issues like this.  Your follow-up suggests
that's not true, but I still recommend LocalFS for this
kind of thing.

There's also a *Streaming* version of LocalFS, which,
IIRC, is the one I'm using.

Cheers,
Terry