[Zope] "Error(200) zdaemon process 859 terminated by signal SIGXFSZ(25)" What I have done So far

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Nov 28 16:47:22 EST 2003

Chuck Aamdi wrote at 2003-11-28 11:45 +0000:
 > LFS = Large File Support
 > Python 2.2 includes this automatically if the platform supports it. For
 > Python 2.1 it must be enabled explicitely. To check if it works for you,
 > locate and execute test_largefile.py
 >
 > I have run the following script
 >
 > python /usr/local/zope2/Zope-2.6.1/lib/python2.1/test/test_largefile.py
 >
 > And I have packed the ZODB Database which I will do regularly .
 >
 > I am aware that Zope keeps track of each change on the O/S hard disk and
 > processes utilise the O/S hard disk and regularly used Zope objects are
 > cached and thus I have increased my cache from 400 to 8000 and now havd
 > support for LFS .
 >
 > My FileStorage didn't exceed 2G and I still didn't establish why I
 > recieved *zdaemon SIGXFSZ!* *error .

"SIGXGSZ" is a signal sent by the operating system to a process
when this process exceeds the assigned maximal file size.

In case, you use "bash" as your shell, you can use
"ulimit -a" to check the assigned process limits.

Apparently, the file size limit is not large enough for
your application. Ask your administrator to increase it...

--
Dieter