[Zope] ObjectManager example needed

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Nov 28 18:32:33 EST 2003

Andre Meyer wrote:

>After the success yesterday with your help I continued and struggled again
>with a similar problem: the reference from the zpt page where I list the
>pieces of music is ok (title appears now instead of id), but when I go to
>the edit page of a piece the URL base is modified such that I am suddenly
>referencing a level deeper, ie. in a subdirectiry with the id of the piece.
>From there I need to reference the composer object in a different way. It
>works "manually" when entering: here/../3/title, assuming the composer id is
>3. I cannot find any way in which I can do that in a generic way. Any idea?

I'm not sure I can say with any degree of specificity without knowing
better the structure of your data, and I would just be wasting time in
guessing. (I can often do a fair bit of mind-reading, but it doesn't
seem to be working this time.) However, I suspect you're making it
harder on yourself than it really is. Go back and think about
acquisition and the structure of your data and look at my last message
again.

I'm adding the list on this again. It's a good idea, if for no other
reason (and there are plenty) than I might drop off the face of the
planet at any moment.

            --jcc