[Zope] explicit object reference without acquisition

Brad Dickerson brad.dickerson at gel.com
Fri Oct 3 10:31:37 EDT 2003

  I would like to call an Zope object (and pass variables to it) located
in a folder that is not reachable by acquisition from a DTML method.
When I tried the following it failed:
   E.g.
    If I have a dtml method in the folder "/a/b" called index_html.
Inside of this dtml method I have the following statement

   <dtml-var expr="c.d.e.(var1='var1')">

 The Zope folder object "/c/d/e" exists and has a DTML method inside it
called index_html that references the variable var1.
 When I try to evaluate the above expression, I get the following error:

 Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: __call__

 What am I doing wrong? I would like to make use of objects inside of
Zope that are not reachable by acquisition via the <dtml-var>' or
<dtml-call>' methods.

Thanks,
Brad Dickerson

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only.  If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.