[Zope] Using 2.3.2 for Zope 2.7

george donnelly list at zettai.net
Fri Oct 3 10:35:46 EDT 2003

[Chris McDonough wrote (chrism at zope.com) on 10/3/03 9:21 AM]

> Some people at ZC have made pretty compelling arguments to make Python
> 2.3.2 the "recommended" version of Python to use with Zope 2.7 final.
> I'm wondering if other people have a strong feeling about this either
> way.

yes please. :) python 2.3 seems a lot faster to me and even quite stable so
far.

or did you mean 2.2.3?

fwiw, i built zope 2.7.0b2 with python2.3 on freebsd 5.0 a couple days ago
without problem and its now serving several medium-traffic CMF sites stably
and with very little if any mem leakage.

<-->
george donnelly ~ http://www.zettai.net/ ~ "Quality Zope Hosting"
Shared and Dedicated Zope Hosting ~ Zope Servers ~ Zope Websites
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet ~ ICQ: 51907738 ~ Sales (USA): 1-866-967-3669