[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Using 2.3.2 for Zope 2.7

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred at zope.com
Fri Oct 3 12:47:06 EDT 2003

Chris McDonough writes:
 > Currently, Zope still claims it works with 2.2.X (via the configure
 > script's "acceptable versions" feature).  Should we continue to make
 > that claim true by not depending on any Python 2.3-specific features in
 > the Zope core?  I don't think there are a lot of super-compelling core
 > and/or library differences between Pythons 2.3.2 and 2.2.3 that would
 > make this a hardship on core Zope developers.

Requiring 2.3 (any flavor) would allow us to drop the copy of the
logging package from Zope 2.7 and newer.

There are greater benefits for Zope 3, where we have several modules
and packages laying around that would no longer be needed (logging,
csv, gettext).

I also don't know that we should consider 2.3.1 "acceptable" for any
version of Zope.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>