[Zope] Zsql case insensative search

Eric Merritt cyberlync at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 3 13:14:27 EDT 2003

Hello all,

 I am attempting to make a case insensative search via
sql and odbc. Everything works and the dtml sql tags
are awesome for dynamic queries. However, I have run
into one problem whan it comes to a case insensative
search. In strait sql the search is pretty easy ie:

 select * from some_table where upper(field) like
'%AVALUE%'

Most of this works great via sqltest, the one
exception is calling the upper sqlfunction on the
field. I can't seem to find a way to do this. If I
stop using the dtml sql tags then the sql method
becomes much more complex.

Any ideas are welcome.