[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Using 2.3.2 for Zope 2.7

Myroslav Opyr myroslav at zope.net.ua
Sat Oct 4 03:20:46 EDT 2003

Tres Seaver wrote:

>On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 10:58, Andrew Sawyers wrote:
>

>>I don't know about 'blessing', but I'm using it on a project currently
>>(Python 2.3 and Zope 2.6.2) without glitches.
>>Andrew
>>
>>Toby Dickenson wrote:
>>

>>>Does anyone else have an interest in blessing Zope 2.6.x with Python 2.2/2.3 ?
>>>

>We have deployed Zope 2.6.2 with Python 2.2.3 in production for clients
>already;  the garbage collection improvements in Python 2.2.3 were so
>compelling that we couldn't reasonably roll them back to Python 2.1.3
>after testing.

I've several times met indirect evidences that migration of application
between Python 2.1 -> Python 2.2 got strange pickle-related issues.

Not sure if it was Python itself or some 3rd party product like
TextIndexNG but the issues arised.

However running something with Python 2.2 or 2.3 from scratch had shown
no problems.

Regards,

m.
--