[Zope] Do I understand this correctly?

Tiller, Michael (M.M.) mtiller at ford.com
Mon Oct 6 12:51:46 EDT 2003

Chris,

  Thanks for the link.  This is typical of many of the issues that I have with Zope.  I don't always know where to go for the current documentation on things.

  The link you gave helps, but something strange is going on.  I created a VHM and it only had one tab?!?  I even deleted that instance and created another instance to make sure that I hadn't done something wrong when I created it.  Still just one tab?!?

  I read about this Mapping tab but I thought that perhaps the documentation was a bit old.  This theory was given more credibility by the explanatory text given in the VHM instance which seemed to be saying "All you need is this and this funky URL".

  I don't have access to the machine right now, but I'll take all this under advisement as I attempt this once more.  Hopefully now that I know the definitive way of doing this I can dig a little deeper to figure out what is going on with my setup.

  Thanks to everyone for the help.  It looks like VHM is the way to go.

P.S. - If VHM is the right way to go, why does the Plone installer for Windows use Access Rules to accomplish what seems to be the same thing?!?

--
Mike