[Zope] zope 2.6.2-2 debian

Jim Gallacher jgallacher at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 6 13:43:09 EDT 2003

John Griessen wrote:
> I am attempting to start zope 2.6.2-2
> with
> zope-cmf       1.3.2-1
>  zopectl        0.2.6
>
> and get connection refused at http://localhost:9673
> root at toolbench:/etc/zopectl#  /etc/init.d/zope restart
> Restarting Zope instance default...
>  Waiting instances in late: default(0), done.
>
> Could this be a good install, but needs content before it will reply?
> all howtos I find say I will get a quickstart page if I get this far, so
> I have been looking at the install steps...for problems.

Take a look at the man pages for zopectl. Zopectl is a really nice way to
control multiple instances.

You need to create the default instance with zopectl:

#host:/  zopectl create default

Zope instances are defined in /etc/zopectl/default.conf. Note that there
cannot be any whitespace before an option name in this file.

Jim