[Zope] url object?

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Wed Oct 8 13:38:09 EDT 2003

>how can I hardwire a link to a folder or a file in Zope? I'm trying to
>create a navbar method (?) and include it on all pages on different levels
>of the site. The relative location of the link of course would be changing
>throughout the site ... but I'd like Zope to do the work here ...
>
>Tried it like this <a href:"<dtml-var myfolder>"> myfolder</a> but it did
>not work ...

Objects have an absolute_url method that will give their full URL.

<dtml-var "someobject.absolute_url()">

or

<dtml-with someobject><dtml-var absolute_url></dtml-with>

or (better)

text</a>

or (Python script)

here.someobject.absolute_url()

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."