[Zope] Dynamic titles?

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Wed Oct 8 19:11:52 EDT 2003

>Is there any way to "override" the built-in title property of a Folder or Page Template to create a dynamic title?
>
>I cannot create a Script (Python) called "title_or_id" or "title", nor can I put a little ZPT TAL or Python code in the title attribute.
>
>So what can I do?

If you're interested in HTML titles, you can just put the code in the
title tag.

If you want the actual title property to be dynamic, well, you'll have
to create your own product over-riding the proper method(s). This can't
be done TTW. (The output of the method may be dynamic but the property
never will be, unless you hack PropertyManager or just constantly reset
the property, which is a bad idea in an Undoable storage.) And not
everything uses the methods.

             --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."