[Zope] Automatic backup of ZODB

BZ bz at bwanazulia.com
Thu Oct 9 09:55:09 EDT 2003

Here is what I do (if it helps):

- Nightly I use a cron and fsync to copy the Data.fs over another drive in
a folder per day (there is a script on Zope.org) (last seven days of
Data.fs)
- Weekly I tar up the entire zope installation /usr/local/zope/ and put it
on a back up disk dated (zope_20031009.tar.gz) unlimited.
- Weekly I back up to tape and rotate that tape offsite monthly

This is all running on a RAID array.

In the end of the day, back up a ton... you will NEVER regret having too
much back up. I used to use the fsync trick to do an hourly backup as well
of Data.fs.

BZ

--
http://www.zopezone.com