[Zope] The ballad of Zope and FreeBSD

Ausum Studio ausum_studio at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 11:17:09 EDT 2003

I tried all that was currently available. Installed latest ports, tried building Python from source with the mem stack size patch, and also reduced Zope's threads to two (as the previous step to make it single threaded). But Zope at FreeBSD continued to leak memory.
Then I realized that it used to happen everytime I opened a management screen where a LocalFS object was going to be showed at the left frame, manage_menu, which is generated by dtml-tree. A glimpse to my windows mirror installation showed no problem at rendering that page (though at the price of twice the regular memory usage during the task), but FreeBSD seemed not to do the job at all.
Now I expect fewer Zope&Python crashes, but as I'm not completely sure, I think I'm still in the struggle. Has anyone found a *final solution*? :)

Ausum