[Zope] Help: terrible problem

DTE webmaster webmaster at dte.ua.pt
Thu Oct 9 11:25:30 EDT 2003

Hi,

I had Zope instaled in a machine running SuSE 8.1
Zope 2.6.1 was compiled using Python 2.1

Now, we bought a new server and installed RedHat 9

I've made a tarball from the old server and uncompressed it in the new one.

If i run Zope with Python 2.2.2 (bundled with RedHat) i've got two
warnings and Zope starts. But the access to the site holds on until timeout.

I 've compiled Python 2.1 and i got an error saying there was no _socket.so
I've copied it from the old to the new server and then it complained
about not finding libssl.so.0.9.6
I've resolved the issue with a symbolic link.
Same thing for libcrypto.
Well, this time Zope starts without errors, but there again is so slow
unitil timeout.

What is going on ?

Please help.

Thank you in advance for your time and patience.

Warm regards,
Mário Gamito