[Zope] RDBMS Applications and direct calling of script(python) and sql methods

Eric Merritt cyberlync at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 09:14:38 EDT 2003

> Instead, have Zope provide you the name of the user
> from its
> authentication machinery.  That's *much* harder to
> spoof.
>
> To get this, cook up a Python script called get_user
> and use this for
> the code:
>
> ----
> from AccessControl import getSecurityManager
> return getSecurityManager().getUser().getUserName()
> ----
>
> Now include a call to get_user() when you need to
> pass in the username
> as a parameter to your query.

 Thanks! I don't know why this didn't occure to me. It
does however make good sense. Thanks for the info, I
do have one more question though.

 Can I add to the user information? At some point I
will need to look up the users numeric id to actually
query the user data. I seem to have read something
about attributes in the past, I may have to dig that
info up.