[Zope] Zope evaluation questions

Jeff Rankin jrankin at oneil.com
Fri Oct 10 09:54:03 EDT 2003

Hi:

I'm a new Zope user and I'm evaluating Zope for use in a few projects. One
project is an online parts system for a truck manufacturer (about 3000
'hits' per day). This is a project we've been maintaining for a few years in
Cold Fusion. While performance of the application is OK, we're concerned
with CF's lack of extensibility, and we're also moving towards open source
solutions. I have some questions about Zope I'm hoping you can answer:

1. Can you share experiences about using Zope with IIS?

2. Is it still absolutely necessary to use Zope behind another web server?
Most of the info on the web I've found about not using Zope's web server is
a few years old.

3. In terms of templating systems, do you find yourselves using DTML or ZPT?

4. If the initial Zope-based projects work out well, we're going to consider
using Zope on a much bigger project. At peak times, this project has about
200 concurrent users. It'a a very database intensive application. Will Zope
scale well to something of this size? The current version of this
application is a load-balanced Cold Fusion setup.

Thanks in advance!

W. Jeffrey Rankin
Lead Web Application Developer

O'NEIL & ASSOCIATES, INC. http://www.oneil.com
495 Byers Rd.
Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-3662
Phone: (937) 865-0846 ext. 3504
Fax: (937) 865-5858
E-mail: jrankin at oneil.com

Confidentiality Notice
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for use only by the person(s) or organization listed in the address. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender at O'Neil & Associates, Inc., immediately. Any copying, dissemination, or distribution of this communication, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.