[Zope] zope and python global variables?

Ted holden medved at fcc.net
Sat Oct 11 13:30:42 EDT 2003

I notice that zope doesn't like the idea of the file containing functions
for use as external modules containing global variable assignments.  For that
matter, zope doesn't seem to be able to deal with python classes either.

I have an application which in its pygtk version consists of a number of
global assignments, a number of function definitions, and finally a

        gtk.main()

line.  I wish to create a zope version of the same application and one
requirement for that is that the application retain its state (global
variables) somehow or other.

What is the preferred way of doing that in zope?