[Zope] copy paste support

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Mon Oct 13 10:06:33 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 04:01, Alexis Roda wrote:
> I'm writing a product and I have a little trouble with copy & paste support.
>
> My product defines three clases: ZSimpleMenu, ZSimpleMenuItem and
> ZSubMenuItem. The first one is a container for the other two.

<snip>

> I can add objects as expected, but copy & paste don't
> work for Z*Items.

If memory serves, copy/paste support is provided by the *container*
object, not the object being copied and pasted.  Thus, your container
works fine because you're copying it in and out of Folder objects that
provide support.  But your inner objects don't work because ZSimpleMenu
doesn't provide them with copy/paste support.

Have ZSimpleMenu inherit from Folder instead of SimpleItem and see if
that doesn't fix it.

HTH,

Dylan