[Zope] dynamic sort=

D. Rick Anderson ruger at acsnv.com
Mon Oct 13 14:07:27 EDT 2003

OK .. sorry for the hand-holding here, but the syntax of this doesn't
make sense to me. If I try:

_.sequence.sort(sequencename, 'lname', 'asc')

where sequencename is a python script that returns a list of
dictionaries and lname is the name of a key in those dictionaries that I
wish to sort by. Then it doesn't barf, but it doesn't sort either.

if I use:

_.sequence.sort(sequencename, (('lname', 'asc'),))

Which is imitating the syntax from the Zope Book, then it barfs with:

Attribute Error:
'None' has no object 'getitem'

so ... I guess the question here is, What is the correct syntax to make
this work?

Thanks so much for your help,

Rick