[Zope] printing documentation from zope.org?

Johan Carlsson johanc at easypublisher.com
Mon Oct 13 17:01:24 EDT 2003

Jeff Rankin wrote:
> This may sound silly, but I'm trying to print documentation (specifically
> the ZPT reference) from 'The Zope Book' at zope.org, but I only get the
> first page. Does anyone else have this problem? Is this a function of the
> print stylesheet or something?

Printing on zope.org is somewhat non-functional because
it relies on CSS to work (hiding menus and other things).

The problem is that the world isn't fail-prof and some
browser doesn't handle this.

Also pages with long pre-formated lines can destroy
page layouts so that text gets clipped on the right side.

I have mostly seen this problems in Firebird (because it's the
browser I use).

My suggested solution (posted in the Collector) is to
re-introduce the print view ("?pp=1") that returns
a printable version of the page.

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24
Torsgatan 72            Email: johanc at easypublisher.com
SE-113 37 STOCKHOLM