[Zope] Indexing msword docs in ZCatalog

Ruth Mizzi ruth at anvil.com
Wed Oct 15 06:17:07 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've got a ZCatalog that takes care of indexing all my pages so that I can use a search feature on my web page. The page also contains a DocumentLibrary so that an administrator can upload documents onto the page and then refresh the catalog.
I'm managing to upload succesfully pdf, text and msword documents but am having a problem with the indexing of the msword docs....
as far as I know the DocumentFiles added to the DocumentLibrary supports full text searchability for msword docs. Am I missing something? do I need to convert the docs in any way before uploading for them to be catalogued succesfully?

Cheers
Ruth