[Zope] Problems installing the MySQL drivers

Andreas Jung andreas at andreas-jung.com
Wed Oct 15 11:30:38 EDT 2003

--On Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2003 16:58 Uhr +0200 Florian Lindner
<mailinglists at xgm.de> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2003 16:19 schrieben Sie:
>> --On Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2003 16:10 Uhr +0200 Florian Lindner

>> > ImportError: libmysqlclient_r.so.12: cannot open shared object file: No
>> > such  file or directory
>> > bastet:/var/zope/bin #
>>
>> adjust the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment to the directory  containing the
>> corresponding
>> libraries.
>>
>> -aj
>
> Done, I added /usr/lib/mysql to my /etc/ld.so.conf
>
> The error went away, just to be replaced by another one:
>
> ImportError: /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.12: undefined symbol:
> ERR_get_error_line_data

The symbol seems to come from OpenSSL. Maybe you have linked or compiled
the Pytjon bindings against a different version of OpenSSL...or maybe the
MySQL
libs were compiled against a different version....best to compile MySQL from
scratch.

-aj