[Zope] Zope instanse falls asleep :-(

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Thu Oct 16 05:41:47 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have a big problem with a customers Zope instanse - almost every day it
"falls asleep":
When you try to access their site it's like no requests get's to the site.
I try to stop the instance - and when I start it again I'm told that another
process has already locked the database file.

Running $ps -ax reveals that their is some stale python processes mathing the
PID of the recently stopped Zope instanse ...

The setup is:
Debian 3.0
Zope 2.6.1
CMF 1.3
And some other CMF products.

We have a similiar setup running on another machine that doesn't have these
problems.

Any good ideas to what is happening ???

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte at mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

After 1.5 years of Python, I'm still discovering
richness (and still unable to understand what the
hell Jim Fulton is talking about).

    -- Gordon McMillan, 13 Mar 1998