[Zope] Zope Evaluation

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Oct 17 11:34:11 EDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 03:29:48PM +0200, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> Gabriela L??pez Ruiz wrote:

(snip - I would have said the same as Lennart)
> >?    and what about stability/performance
>
> Excellent stability, OK perfomance, good scalability.

One performance-killer to watch out for: Zope currently sucks rocks
when serving large-ish (some tens of MB) files.  A few concurrent requests
for large files can bring the entire site to a crawl until they
complete. Generally people avoid this by serving the big stuff with e.g. Apache,
but then you lose the benefits of managing that content with Zope
(metadata, security model etc.)

One possible solution, I haven't thoroughly investigated this yet:
http://www.zope.org/Members/andym/FSCacheManager
however, AFAICT this can't solve the security issues - I don't see how
it would work for anything not anonymously viewable.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com