[Zope] problem with python-ldap and ZLDAP in scripts

Adam Szpakowski worf at optics.polsl.gliwice.pl
Mon Oct 20 04:46:40 EDT 2003

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Are you sure that the LDAP server is accessible as "ldapserver".
> What you describe looks like what we saw with a bad configuration
> to access the LDAP server.

Thats for sure is not a problem with LDAP server or wrong access
configuration. I have access to this ldap server on the same machie where
zope runs from clean python. So the problem seems to be in zope.

>  > Is there any way to use python-ldap under zope?
> We use it successfully together with LDAPUserFolder.

I have to say that I'm quite confused. I wrote a small product for zope a
tries to bind to the ldap server from this product. Effect is the same...
Zope process get error and die. Now I'm seting up ZEO environment to trace
the problem.

Adam

--
Adam Szpakowski
Silesian University of Technology - Institute of Physics
e-mail: worf at optics.polsl.gliwice.pl