[Zope] Re: ZopeVersionControl

Johan Carlsson johanc at easypublisher.com
Mon Oct 20 17:12:24 EDT 2003

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Johan Carlsson wrote:
>
>> Shane Hathaway wrote: ZopeVersionControl lacks the ability to track
>> subobject changes. Is this something that is planed for future
>> versions of ZopeVersionControl?
>
> Applications that use ZopeVersionControl are supposed to track sub
> objects for themselves.  This won't change.

Ok. I need to look closer on how ZopeVersionControl works
to understand that :-)

But it sounds to me like the inability of CVS to handle folders?
(I'm not a fan of that particular feature :-)

>> If I have understood APE correctly, subobjects are retrieved from
>> folderaware gateways and inserted by folderaware serializers?
>
> That sounds right.
>

>> This is something I expect out of (at least) a branchaware version
>> control system (that can do staging).
>
> Have you looked at CMFStaging?  Maybe you should look at that first.
 > It's  a layer on top of ZopeVersionControl.

Does CMFStaging require CMF?

>> But if you recommend it I'll dive in to the ZopeVersionControl code
>> and try to figure out what I can do :-)
>>
>> Are there any plans for ZopeVersionControl? Who's manager for it?
>
> Are you volunteering? ;-)  Just kidding.

I'm "maybe" volunteering to submit code :-)
But maybe it should be made a separate package
such as CMFStaging or equivalent.

If found some possible bugs, I might post fixes for.

--
Johan Carlsson          Tel: + 46 8 31 24 94
Colliberty              Mob: + 46 70 558 25 24
Torsgatan 72            Email: johanc at easypublisher.com
SE-113 37 STOCKHOLM