[ZPT] RE: [Zope] Problem with alternate path and request

Evan Simpson evan at 4-am.com
Mon Oct 20 18:41:51 EDT 2003

Fernando Martins wrote:
> Ok, tried it and got no error, just an empty string.
>
> So, it is either a bug on the request object which contains the attribute
> HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR when it shouldn't (i.e., when the request went from the
> client straight to Zope). But maybe it should always have it.

It's either a bug or feature of the request object -- I suspect some
kind of blanket attempt at future-proofing againt new HTTP headers,
since *anything* starting with "HTTP_" that isn't actually there will
return an empty string.  Try this:

> BTW, which method is implicitly called to generate the HTML representation
> of the objects (like in "structure request")?

The request object has an __str__ method that gets called to convert it
into a string.  This has little to do with ZPT, though.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am