[Zope] storages comparation

Alexis Roda arv at si.urv.es
Tue Oct 21 05:22:00 EDT 2003

Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Friday 17 October 2003 16:23, Alexis Roda wrote:
>
>>* tools to recover corrupted databases
>
> What sort of problems are you trying to recover?

Any? :-)

Primarily bugs on *Storage. For bad disks we have tape backups. I've not
thought about application errors.

> storage bugs. DirectoryStorage is similar to FileStorage in surviving damage,
> but it has stricter input validation. It is intentionally less tolerant of
> problems that *might* cause problems, prefering to raise an error rather than

Here you mean it can catch application errors?

>>* fiability
>
> Is that a spelling erorr?.

Yes, my english is not very good. I mean reliability.

I think I'll give DirectoryStorage a try ... if I can get it to work.

Thanks
--
                                   ////
                                  (@ @)