[Zope] ZODB.POSException.ConflictError (in custommade product)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Oct 26 05:03:10 EST 2003

Gitte Wange wrote at 2003-10-25 13:39 +0200:
 > I have created a small tool for CMF to count how many times a specific
 > object has been viewed.
 > Now from time to time we see the following error:
 > ZODB.POSException.ConflictError

When you put counters in the ZODB, you should use
"BTrees.Length" instances. They are small persistent objects with
conflict resolution (no ZODB write conflicts) and "independence"
(no ZODB read conflicts).

When you count in an integer object attribute, each increment writes the
the complete object. This may fast increase your ZODB and
lead to "ConflictError"s.

--
Dieter