[Zope] delete 'Data.fs.lock'

Justin Xi ZHU j.zhu at imb.uq.edu.au
Mon Oct 27 21:14:16 EST 2003

Hi all,

I tried to install two Zope products on the same computer. One of them
didn't stop cleanly. From then on, when I try to run the other product. The
error message appeared.

'
Could not lock the database file. There must be another process that has
opened the file.
'

I made sure all other processes are closed. The message still appeared.
With the assistance of a member of the list, we isolated the problem to the
Zope product that didn't stop cleanly, locked the 'Data.fs.lock'  file and
failed to delete it. We need to delete it manually. However, when I try to
delete it. This error message appeared.

'
Cannot delete Data.fs: It is being used by another or program. Close any
programs that might be using the file and try again.
'
Again, I closed all applications. The error persists.

Regards, Justin