[Zope] Odd ZCTextIndex behavior

Jim Kutter jim at ebizq.net
Tue Oct 28 11:28:12 EST 2003

Hi folks -

I've noticed some odd behavior in the ZCTextIndex. I have an index of
searchable terms that include, among other things, the author's
employer's name. In instances where the company name is a string
followed by a number (in this instance, "the451 group"), searching for
the number ("451") even with wildcards ("*451*"), only finds references
where the number is alone, and not part of any other string. Oddly,
searching for "t*451" matches the name.

I'm running the binary 2.6.2 (and 2.6.1) releases on linux. This occurrs
in both.

Any ideas why this would happen? Is this correctable?

-jim