[Zope] rss compliant blog

Katie Legere klegere at kfpl.ca
Tue Oct 28 15:32:23 EST 2003

We have a blog (similar to the guest book idea) Users post, It creating dtml
documents and the index page iterates through them to give a 'visual'
output.
We'd like this to be rss compliant and use an internal aggregator so we've
written the following xml page to go with it :

 <rss version="2.0">

   <channel>
     <title>KFPL on Zope</title>
     <link>http://192.168.10.73/kfplsite</link>
     <description>Kingston Frontenac Public Library Site</description>
     <language>en-us</language>

    <image>
      <title>homepic.JPG</title>
      <url>http://192.168.10.73/kfplsite/images/homepic.JPG</url>
      <link>http://192.168.10.73/kfplsite</link>
      <width>60.1</width>
      <height>42.9</height>
    </image>

    <dtml-in expr="objectValues('DTML
Document')"sort="bobobase_modification_time" reverse>

   <item>
     <title> Central Blog </title>
     <link> http://192.168.10.73/staffnet/blog</link>
       <description><dtml-var document_src html_quote>  Submitted by:
         <dtml-var staff_name html_quote null="Anonymous"> on:
         <dtml-var bobobase_modification_time fmt=aCommon>

       </description>
     </item>
   </dtml-in>

  </channel>
 </rss>

To me this seems right but the aggregator seems to be having trouble with
it. have I missed something?

Katie Legere
Kingston Frontenac Public Library