[Zope] TAL expressions within Javascipt?

mclinden at informed.net mclinden at informed.net
Wed Oct 29 10:39:41 EST 2003

I'm moving an existing web site into Zope because the primary purpose of
this site is document management and I want to be able to utilize Zope for
content control. But the existing site has a large number of javascripted
behaviors that are conditionally enabled based upon such things as browser
capabilities. In particular, the system is setup to dynamically load
certain scripts if certain capabilities exist. The form is:

document.write("<scr" + "ipt src='http://x.y.z/custom.js'
type='text/javascript'><\/scr" + "ipt>");

I would like to be able to change the "custom.js" file on a folder by
folder basis, i.e.,

<script type="text/javascript" tal:attributes="src
here/custom.js/absolute_url"></script>

...but can't figure out the appropriate way to do so within Javascript.

Suggestions/pointers would be appreciated.

Sean McLinden
Allegheny County Health Department