[Zope] Newbie: Zope installation and phpBB compatibility

Jim Penny jpenny at universal-fasteners.com
Thu Oct 30 12:19:54 EST 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:41:05 +0000
Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos <pocm at netvisao.pt> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> The first time I read about zope was about 20 minutes ago and since
> then I've been reading some docs. I'm developing a website and I have
> 2 questions. But before that, the facts: I have a server running
> apache2 webserver and I've already installed phpBB to run a forum in
> my site.
>
> Question 1: Is zope compatible with apache2 and phpBB?

Certainly no problem with apache2, not sure about phpBB.

> Question 2: I was thinking about developing the website in my laptop
> and the deploying it to the server through scp, ftp, I don't really
> know yet(maybe there's an easier way but none I know about). Where
> should I install zope, on the server or on my laptop? If I put it on
> the laptop will zope allow me to deploy it to the server? If I install
> it on the server, can I develop the website on my laptop?

It is OK to do initial development on the laptop.  But once you have a
system working, you will want to move your laptops Data.fs to its
permanent location on the server.  After that, you have to manually
export and re-import folders. I would just work from the server from the
beginning.

Jim Penny