[Zope] SoapMethod and Web service Use- Help Needed!

Sean Kelley sean at horse101.com
Thu Oct 30 21:58:55 EST 2003

I am trying to begin using SoapMethod and use a xmethods.com soap
service for calling ODP category data (Dmoz.org)  I am basically
modifying the example getQuote method which comes with SoapMethod
product.  It works partly.  It returns a response but nothing usable
...yet.  How do I get meaningful data from a method call?

My response is here:
http://horse101.com/soap/dmoz

My call looks like this:
<dtml-var "get_cat(KEY='my key
here',PATH='/Sports/Equestrian/Dressage/Directories/Horse_Sales/')">

My soap method called get_cat has value of:
title=dmoz
endpoint url=http://wsdl.wsdlfeeds.com/odp.cfc
method name=GetCatInfo
namespace=http://DefaultNamespace
soap action left blank
encoding=UTF-8
proxy server left blank

More info on xmethods' service is here:
http://xmethods.com/ve2/ViewListing.po?key=uuid:2DA1E243-504F-3936-E07C-A9F0387F7494

Thanks for any help on direction with this.