[Zope] Reindex of catalog - keep getting ConflictErrors ?

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Fri Oct 31 09:37:58 EST 2003

Hello,

I have a ZCatalog (in the shape of a portal_catalog in CMF).
Everytime I go to the Advanced tab and tries to reindex the catalog, I get
this error and traceback:
ZODB.POSException.ConflictError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish_module
    * Module Products.Localizer, line 58, in new_publish
    * Module Products.Localizer, line 58, in new_publish
    * Module Products.Localizer, line 58, in new_publish
    * Module Products.Localizer, line 58, in new_publish
    * Module Zope.App.startup, line 142, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    * Module Zope.App.startup, line 200, in commit
    * Module ZODB.Transaction, line 235, in commit
    * Module ZODB.Transaction, line 349, in _commit_objects
    * Module ZODB.Connection, line 391, in commit
      __traceback_info__: (('Products.Transience.Transience', 'Increaser'),
'\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x06', '')
    * Module Products.TemporaryFolder.TemporaryStorage, line 134, in store

ConflictError: database conflict error (oid 0000000000000006, serial was
0350b50baca92b4c, now 0350b50a6e739abb)

Why is that ?
--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte at mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

It starts as a benign web server with online content
management... and turns into an insidious learning
curve that will destroy your every waking hour. That
is, until you uncover the secret that lets you do what
you wanted it to in the first place.

    -- somebody describing the Zope experience to Jon Udell