[Zope] An intro to vice posting policy..

Børge Kjeldstad borge.kjeldstad at whiteflower.no
Thu Sep 4 10:28:16 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have just been noticed I posted my messages in html.
I am realy sorry for this. I did not know I did, and did
not even know what posting in html was. However, now I
have pressed som buttons in the email program and I hope
it is now ok. Please tell me if not :)

Now, having become aware that I was misdoing, I looked
for some guidelines on vice posting policy. The intuitiv
places to look were:

1. The welcome message I received when I subscribed to the zope list
2. The webpage were I administrate my member options
3. The zope.org/Resources/MailingLists page

Unfortunately I found no such guidelines on these pages. My
question is then: Would it be beneficial to have some such
guidelines on one or more of these places?

To many members such guidelines are surely not needed, but for
some they may be of help.

I see at least two possible ways to include such guidelines on
one or more of the three places mentioned above:

1. Simply just include a link to some site on the internet were
vice posting policy is described.

2. Make a checklist and have a link to it. The checklist could be
like this:

- Edit your subject line to avoid .....
- Do not post your messages in html. To confirm that you do not,
do the following: .....
- Edit message body when replying. For instance you should cut away...
-
-
- etc.

Best!