[Zope] Calling Python script from ZPT - Solution

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Thu Sep 4 10:48:03 EDT 2003

Bart Hubbard wrote:
> Whoops!  Good point.  I had edited my question many times w/o changing the title.  My real situation is a little more
> complex than the question I'd posed.  What I'm really doing is trying to do in ZPT what I was doing in a DTML doc.  I
> also wanted to clean up my design by moving the logic to my script.

Well, post the bits of ZPT and Python Script that aren't working and I can help ;-)

>   # Call the method in the context of that item and return the results
>   retVal = dtml_method(client=item, REQUEST=REQUEST)

If you could make that not DTML, your life would get even easier, since to call
a page template, you could replace:

   # Prepare to call the view method on the content object
   dtml_method = item.view
   REQUEST = context.REQUEST

   # Call the method in the context of that item and return the results
   retVal = dtml_method(client=item, REQUEST=REQUEST)

   return retVal

with:

   return item.view()

...since ZPT has very well defined and consistent calling semantics, whereas
DTML doesn't ;-)

cheers,

Chris