[Zope] Try Again -- Rendering Dynamic Content

Bill Etheredge betheredge at mesa-grp.com
Fri Sep 5 07:48:42 EDT 2003

I am pretty novice at Zope and have a site in development (close to
completion) that I have hit a roadblock on.  I am sure this is simple
but I have not been able to get around it.

I am using ZPT and folders to define pages (for dynamic navigation).
Each page-defining folder contains a 'Content' folder with content
objects that are rendered in macro-defined slots.  I only have a couple
index_html page templates that are used for the entire site.  This is
all working well.

However, I am having trouble rendering dynamic content using this
architecture.  For instance, displaying the results of the Search
function on the site needs to use my standard page template.  Also, I
have a couple ZClass objects defined that I am using on the site that I
can list without a problem, but I need to be able to display the ZClass
instance 'content' when a visitor clicks on its displayed title.  It
renders but I need guidance getting it to render in my ZPT 'content'
slot.

Could someone provide some guidance / hints or give me a link to a 'how
to'?

Thanks,

Bill Etheredge