[Zope] catalog and search refining

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 5 19:28:56 EDT 2003

>>I have the basic use of catalogs and searching worked out...
>>I can create indexes and metadata and make a form to search
>>for and link to various things.
>>
>>My problem now is that I find a lot of objects that are just
>>"parts" of the real documents. So, my links end up being to
>>the bare content, rather than to the content wrapped up
>>in my website.
>
>How do you dinsinguish between 'parts' and 'content wrapped up'?

I guess that is the basic question....

For instance, I might have a menu defined in a dtml-method,
a navigation bar in a dtml-method and an article in a
dtml-document.

Those might all be in a folder, with an index_html to wrap
them up in to a complete page.

So, maybe my search should only return index_html page hits...
except that (of course) I have some exceptions to that rule  :o)

Or maybe each article needs to have some metadata which tells
how it should be accessed.

Probably I need to rethink the whole structure of the site with
cataloging in mind.

Any pointers?