[Zope] zope zen needed...

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Sat Sep 6 04:29:02 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 08:12, Erik Myllymaki wrote:
> I have a fairly large intranet site built on Zope. At first it mainly
> generated
> reports, but it is starting to be more of a web application then a reporting
> tool and I am thinking I need to make some decisions now about design.

For my money, the single best design decision you can make at this point
is to rigidly separate your presentation from your logic.  Use Python
for logic.  Don't do anything more than layout in DTML or ZPT.

The transition from HTML delivery to XML (or whatever) delivery will be
way easier if all you need to change in Zope is your presentation layer.

HTH,

Dylan